Together as One

Together as One

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What is Faith?

What is faith?
I've been thinking of faith a lot lately and have been asking God for more faith.  It is so easy for me to doubt Him.  Why? Do I know when I have faith?  Do I know when I don't have faith?  

We are getting ready to study faith as a family and we have been studying it in our schooling  (Wisdom Books).

Faith is visualizing what God intends to do in a given situation and acting in harmony with it.  

I have found that easier said than done.

Faith is so important because "Without faith it is impossible to please God."  Heb. 11:6  When we come to the Father "we must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him".

I am justified by faith (made perfect in God's sight).  Romans 3:28
I am saved from my sins by faith. Eph. 2:8-9
I am sanctified and cleansed by faith.  Acts 26:18
My heart is purified by faith. Acts 15:9
I have access by faith into God's grace. Romans 5:2
I can 'move mountains' by faith.  Mt. 17:20 

Here are some neat little quotes I found:

Faith is absolute trust and reliance on the realities we can discern through our spiritual senses.

Faith and obedience are so closely intertwined that I cannot have one without the other.

Faith must be expressed in actions.

James 2:17-18  "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  Yea, a man may say,
 Thou has faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works,
 and I will show thee my faith by my works."

A.W. Tozer said, "Faith never means gullibility.  The man who believes everything is as far from God as the man who refuses to believe anything."

Oswald Chambers said, "Faith by its nature must be tried...Faith untried has no character value for the individual."

And then I read some thought provoking questions:

How strong is my faith?
Do I watch for 'rhemas' as I  read through Scripture?
Do I memorize and meditate upon the 'rhemas' God gives me?
Do I believe that God is living and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him?
Do I pray in generalities or take specific request to the Lord?
Do I wait for God's provision, or do I borrow money for the things I think I should have now?
Do I have examples in my life of God working supernaturally through faith?

I've  been wrestling with FAITH recently and would love to hear your comments on FAITH in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment