Together as One

Together as One

Thursday, July 21, 2011

How to make your own Prayer Journal


Erica's Journal

 Quite a few years ago Sara Coblentz shared in our church on Prayer Journals.  I started doing it then and have off and on over the years.  Whenever I find my prayer life struggling I try to do it this way again and it brings new life to my prayer time.  Another good thing is that I can go back through old journals and see the miraculous ways that God answered prayers and how senseless some of my worries were.

If you look in Scripture you can find alot of verses that speak of these different ways to pray.  So often I get right into the 'Request' time and forget to thank God for all He has done for me and to Praise Him for who He is and what He does.  Confession time is a time when I ask God to search my heart and reveal to me what He sees.  I was sharing with JR this morning that He always speaks life to me.  Even when He corrects me, He does it a way that bring life to me.  I know that's God because normally I don't enjoy correction.  Sometimes my "Intercession, Request" list seems so long but by the time I spend time in Praise/Thanksgiving and have allowed God to cleanse my heart, I am ready to intercede for others and to bring my requests to Him.  


MaryAnn's Journal

 These journals are very easy to make.  We just purchased these tablets from Walmart along with some tabs.  We divided our tablets into four parts and labeled each one.  We tried to choose fun colors that represent us.  Is this a must for everyone?  Absolutely not and it is not some legalistic way that you must pray in order to be saved.  It is just a creative way to spend time in prayer that has really helped us stay focused and to remind us to remember to pray for more than just our requests.


JR's Journal

 And the "Listening" tab.  "Be still and know that I am God".  This is the most moving part of the journal.  Ask God to sit beside you and speak to you.  We tend to be pretty hard on ourselves alot of times and we focus on our faults and weaknesses.  How about experiencing God's love in a new way, to feel it completely envelop you!  God speaks to my sin, my faults, and my weaknesses but at the same time He tells me how precious I am to Him and how much He values me and cherishes me.  He's gives me so much grace....He's God.
I hope you enjoy our tour of Prayer Journaling and if you are experiencing a dry time in your prayer time.....try journaling!








No comments:

Post a Comment