Together as One

Together as One

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Work in Process

Time for an update on our camper.  I wish I would have taken more 'before' pictures than I did so I am trying to do a few more 'in process' pictures.  We are working on it as we find the time and are hoping to have it "road ready" by the end of October.  We are planning to take it on a short trial run before our church camp out in November.
Bedroom...it came with a new mattress for the bed, which we removed during our renovations.  D and E have helped us so much with cleaning and construction.  K and D have full time jobs which only leaves time for them to give us advice after work or to cheer us on.
The cabinet you see straight ahead is one we bought at Lowe's for more storage.  One thing this camper is lacking is storage.  JR and Derek installed the cabinet up against the ceiling, put some trim around it and now it looks like it was an original piece.
This is the kitchen area which we hope to redo someday.  For now it will have to do.  The counter top needs replaced really bad because it is warped and is shedding debris.  Under the cabinet is a good-sized water heater which takes up quite a bit of room.
Living room view....table seats have been re-upholstered but not pictured yet.
The table top was made with plywood covered with a nice piece of formica.  While they did a good job putting the formica on, the plywood had warped and when we tried to drop the table to make it into a bed we found out the piece was not wide enough.  The joys and surprises of buying things that need a little work....you find out they usually need more work than originally thought!
This is the new table top that my dear husband and son made, stained, and now I am applying a layer of clear coat to it.  It is much more solid, is wide enough, and has no warps in it.
Simply amazing what some wall paper can do!  Curtains are all done now and it is being bombed for all living, foreign critters while I speak.  I do not choose to camp with other living things other than human beings.
We bought a small bookcase for more storage and Derek added some dowel sticks to the front to hold things in while going down the road.  So...yes, it is still a work in process but we are nearly done.
As I think of "work in process" I am reminded of how I, too, am a "work in process".  I am under God's construction as He continues His work in me, to make me look more and more like Him.  How thankful I am for the loving way He changes me and keeps on refining me.












No comments:

Post a Comment