Together as One

Together as One

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gotta love this fall air!

Yay for fall, Yay for cooler weather!


We are so enjoying this cooler weather but it has opened our world to a busyness I am concerned about!
We want to open the windows, shut off the air conditioner, and let this fresh, outside air in.  But...before we can open the windows, we have to put the screens back in, before we can put the screens in we have to wash them, before we can put clean screens up we have to have clean windows, right?! 

 Arg!  As soon as schooling was done we tackled the job.  Now I had just been to the chiropractor twice and had my back put in after enduring a month of back pain so I really should not wash windows.  D and E graciously came to my rescue and washed them all for me.  I had to be outside working with them though so I cleaned the back patio area.  Then there was a small area that needed to be raked so I carefully raked it....and  oh dear, pulled that aching muscle again!  Pain back again.....
Today after school was done I 'fall cleaned' my closet.  How do I end up with so many things in my house that I do not have room for?  Sometimes I exasperate myself! ha!  I started bagging the things I do not need and now it looks like I may have to have a garage sale yet this fall.  From the closet I worked my way into JR's office, which he would like moved.  Beginning of story....several years ago we converted a quarter of our garage into a study and office for him so he could have some privacy and space.  The office was so nice but he lost a quarter of his garage to have it.  When we built the addition on to the house we had to remove our small storage shed from our back yard according to county rules.  So everything from the storage shed moved into the garage.  Needless to say it is almost impossible to keep our garage orderly because it is the only place we have to put extra things.  With four vehicles in the family and three mechanic minded men around, it is a never ending job to try to keep things orderly and it is hard for them to find what they need with so many things stacked together.  Like I need something more to do....time to try to rearrange things to make more room.  We are planning to use the office room for things that need to be stored and then dedicate the rest of the garage area to the mechanics.  I dislike clutter and things piled up.  I feel like I dis-clutter and rid our home of things we don't need  and then some magnetic force fills things back up again!

Even though garage sales can be a lot of work we have  been blessed through them .  One year we used the money to give to a missionary family.  We gave it to them at a time when they really had a need that we were not aware of.  It really blessed us to know that God knew when their need would be and would put it on our hearts to dedicate the money for them.  Through it He was glorified and it also gave us an inspiring motivation to size down.  We try to go through closets, cupboards, drawers, etc. once a year and have a garage sale.  It has helped us out financially on more than one occasion.  When six adults live in an average size home it doesn't leave room for a lot of unnecessary 'stuff'.

So....some of my rooms look very cluttered as I am in the process of de-cluttering!  I need an extra dose of God's grace when things seem all disheveled and Praise God, His grace is always sufficient.

Tonight I was privileged to peek in on a newborn baby and hold little Keira for awhile!  She made the whole church wait, and wait, and wait for her arrival but when you see her, you'll agree: she was well worth the wait!  Her family is so delighted to finally have her here and are treasuring each moment with her.  Babies really are miracles!

May you be blessed and have a clutter-free week! 

2 comments:

  1. If you get bored at your house my house could use you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Amber! How about if you get bored, come on over! Did you have a good trip to Tennessee? And I don't even dare to ask what the weather was like! Gorgeous, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete